The Hampshire Supply Service are proud to have partnered with a Secondary school in Basingstoke, who require a motivational and enthusiastic teacher to join their English department in September for the new academic year 2020/21.
The school is rated ‘good’ by Ofsted. Based in Basingstoke, the school is easily accessible from Winchester, Basingstoke, Reading and Farnborough. Pupils study a wide range of themes and text at KS3, in order to prepare them to sit AQA GCSE English Literature and Language at the end of KS4.
- Plan, prepare and deliver engaging lessons to KS3 and KS4 pupils to reach all objectives in the English curriculum
- Mark work and deliver various assessments, encouraging students to reach their full potential
- Effectively manage the classroom and individual pupil behavior in line with school policy
- Offer students pastoral support as a form tutor
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS), and preferably you have completed a degree in English or related subject
- Proven track record of high level teaching, and facilitating results at GCSE
- Have a passion for education and working with young people
- Hold an Enhanced DBS check (or be willing to apply for one)
The Hampshire Supply Service work in partnership with Hampshire County Council to run their supply teaching contract. This means we work closely with schools across the county for facilitate both long and short term requirements. We offer a range of work for teachers and educational support staff across Primary, Secondary and SEN establishments. To find out more about the service, please refer to Hampshire County Council’s website.