|Location: CENTRAL LONDON, LONDON||Salary: 36000.00 - 40000.00 GBP Per Annum|
|Sector: Legal||Job Type: Permanent|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: N/A|
|Posted: 5 months ago||Reference: 3054193|
Central London OR (regionally based in Andover or Kentford)
Reporting to: Chief Taxation Advisor
Part-Time – 3-4 days per week
£60k – pro rata
My client is a leading organisation based in central London responsible for safeguarding the economic, social and environmental interests of rural landowners and businesses.
The In-House Professional Advisory team offers it’s members independent and impartial advice on all aspects of land ownership and promotes members interests to ensure positive development throughout the rural economy. The organisation is also responsible for lobbying work at EU, national and regional level to ensure the interests of members are considered throughout policy making processes.
A Taxation solicitor is currently sought to provide tax specific advice to members. The candidate will have strong private client credentials, a comprehensive knowledge of the UK tax system and be experienced in advising individuals on tax issues, particularly in relation to Capital Gains Tax and Inheritance Tax.
The candidate will:
• Providing relevant and timely advice to members on all taxation matters and queries
• Ensure accurate advice is given in a timely manner and in accordance with applicable instructions and service standards.
• Assist the Chief Taxation Advisor in the development of Tax policy
• Assist the Chief Taxation Advisor in supporting Committees and working groups by drafting papers acting on Committee decisions and providing secretariat for Tax Committee
• Brief Officers, Committee Chairmen and colleagues on Taxation matters as required
• Assisting with Lobbying activities in conjunction with External Affairs department to include meeting relevant stakeholders, public officials and politicians.
• Assisting in media activities and giving presentations to a variety of audiences on matters relating to the Tax Portfolio
• Providing briefings on matters relating to the Tax portfolio as required
• Solicitor, Barrister, Chartered or Certified Accountant or HMRC Officer
• Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of UK taxation matters comprising direct, indirect and capital tax
• Strong knowledge of taxation of rural business generally
• Ability to discuss matters within the portfolio with all members
• Ability to communicate at a high level with a wide range of policy advisors and decision makers both in the UK and EU
If this role is of interest and you have the required skills please apply as soon as possible and we will be in touch to discuss the opportunity and your experience in more detail.
25000.00 - 40000 GBP Per Annum, inc benefits
CHRISTCHURCH, DORSETRead more
40000.00 - 45000.00 GBP Per Annum
AUST, AVONRead more
DORCHESTER, DORSETRead more
30000.00 - 60000.00 GBP Per Annum
BRISTOL, AVONRead more
35000.00 - 50000.00 GBP Per Annum
BOURNEMOUTH, DORSETRead more