Our client is looking for a Tax Manager to start at their Maidenhead Firm, this firm has been in business for 54 years and is well known is the accountancy industry. Our client has been working with local businesses for the past 25 years in the Maidenhead area.
- Preparation of tax returns and tax repayment claims and related working papers.
- Providing ad hoc/ planning advice to clients on tax matters.
- Liaise with clients/HMRC by post, email and phone.
- Assisting with other ad-hoc assignments in relation to the financial affairs of clients.
- Liaising with external advisors as required.
- Be responsible for billing clients.
- Manage work load and be efficient in time keeping.
- Assisting partners with tax advisory work including approaching external providers to provide exceptional advice.
- Working with a wide range of clients across many sectors including property development, technology and food and beverage.
- Ideally it would be someone who has tax experience with owner managers but also has corporation tax experience with larger SME corporates and subsidiaries of larger groups.
- Experience of dealing with EMI, R&D, SEIS /EIS would also be good.
- Look after your own portfolio of clients to assist in all tax matters including compliance to advisory.
- Manage a small tax team.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience working in a tax focused role.
- ACA and CTA qualifications may be useful but are not essential - practical experience is also important.
- Strong personal tax experience is essential, corporation knowledge is also expected.
- Good understanding of CCH tax software package.
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills.
- Team player and a good sense of humour.
- A great opportunity for someone who wants an opportunity to fast track their tax career and be given an opportunity to take on more responsibility.
- In time this role could provide you with an opportunity to reach partner level and acquire some equity should the candidate wish to reach that level in the future.
Competitive salary and great benefits on offer for this role.
Please get in touch with Mike Fisher at Reed to discuss.