An opportunity has arisen for a Tax Manager in a practice in Guildford.
- This role will provide tax compliance and advisory services for a wide range of business clients.
- The primary responsibility will be to deal with all matters relating to the management of a portfolio of clients and managing more junior members of staff as necessary.
- You will also provide assistance to Partners in both client work and in the management of the group. You will actively be involved in and look to seek out working on special assignments and advisory projects where appropriate.
- A key part of the role requires the individual to actively seek, and keep the Partner informed, about any new business opportunities arising at existing and new clients, in order to grow the client portfolio.
- Undertake consultancy work
- Manage portfolio of advisory and compliance cases
- Give exceptional client service and be responsible for maintaining regular contact with client team
- Technically strong
- Ability to get involved in variety of business tax work (e.g. international tax matters, R&D tax credits, awareness of VAT and employment tax aspects, partnership and owners of businesses)
- Liaison with Partners, demonstrating strong management skills
- Appraisals/monitor staff performance
- On the job training for junior staff on a one-to-one basis
- Dealing with staff questions
- you must be client focused
- able to work as part of a team
- good written and verbal communication