Our client is a prominent accountancy firm with a highly-respected Private Client Tax offering. Their award-winning team has significant expertise in advising HNW individuals, trusts and estates. They are now looking to make a strategic hire, with the appointment of a Trusts & Tax Assistant.
You will be reporting into the Partner and Client Manager, assisting with all aspects of trust and estate administration and tax compliance, to include;
- Drafting trust and estate accounts to include cash analysis and investments schedules.
- Assisting the Client Manager with everyday trust and estate administration, including responsibility for maintaining trust and estat clients' reporting via the Trust Registration Service.
- Drafting trust and estate tax returns
- Preparing inheritance tax computations for trust 10 year exit charges
- Drafting personal tax returns
- Liaising with clients and HM Revenue & Customs
- Previous experience working within trusts and estates and dealing with self-assessment tax returns
- Excellent attention to detail
- Professional qualification, such as STEP Diploma or Certificate, AAT or ATT.
- Experience of accounts preparation in an accountancy practice would be beneficial.
- Able to work using own initiative and keep to deadlines.
- Current working knowledge of MS Office.
- Willingness to develop technical knowledge by way of in-house training, external courses and STEP Diploma.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply below.