IT Systems Engineer (CISCO)
Job Type: Permanent
A well-known UK wide organisation that provides solutions in a highly regulated environment. Since a recent expansion, the team is recruiting further experts to support the growth. They are looking to recruit in this lockdown, whilst taking every step to safeguard peoples health and wellbeing.
My client is currently seeking a highly motivated, talented and experienced IT professional to complement their industry leading IT Department as an Systems Engineer specialising in Cisco and Checkpoint technologies along with other standard technologies.
Reporting to the Infrastructure Manager you will form an integral part of the Infrastructure Team in taking ownership and delivery for the maintenance of core systems with a primary focus on the company’s cutting-edge network and edge estate technology.
Whilst the primary role will be focused on day today maintenance of our Cisco and Checkpoint infrastructure the successful candidate will also take on additional responsibilities in supporting and maintaining a variety of other technologies to include VMware, NetApp, Citrix and Mitel delivering against infrastructure project requirements and providing 3rd line support to the IT Service Desk Team
- Proven experience in working with a Cisco network technology stack including:
- WAN/LAN networks
- Experience working with a Microsoft technology stack including AD-DS, DNS, DHCP and Server operating systems 2012 to 2019
- Minimum of CCNA Routing and Switching qualifications
- Working knowledge and understanding of best practice IT Frameworks such as ITIL.
- Working knowledge of current IT trends in Cloud and on-premise technologies
- Ability to use creativity and innovation to automate and streamline processes and procedures
- Mitel a another VOIP provider training/qualifications
- Experience working with vendor technology partners such as:
- Checkpoint R80.40 Firewall
- Citrix Netscaler and SDWAN/VPX)
- VMware vCenter 6.7
- NetApp 9.4 Clustered Data ONTAP
- MCP/MSCA qualifications
- CCSA: Check Point Certified Security Administrator
- Experience working with Azure Cloud services
To apply and find out more, please forward your CV along with your salary expectations and notice period to email@example.com