Systems Engineer c£45k pa
(Microsoft, SCCM, SCOM, SCVMM, VMware VSphere, Office 365, Exchange, SharePoint, PowerShell )
Job Type: Permanent
I am pleased to say that I am now working with one of the most instantly recognisable companies in the UK who have asked me to help them find a passionate skilled Systems Engineer to join a highly skilled small team of 10 who support the infrastructure and working closely with Network and Database teams as well as development
You will be one of 3 team members who will take on the role of day to day administration of our client’s servers, storage and client device administration. Supported by a team of 7 technology specialists you will have an opportunity to learn a wide range of technologies, while using your meticulous methodical approach to ensure that vital monitoring and administration is completed effectively.
There will be plenty of opportunities to work on new and varied projects supporting the technology specialists in delivering solutions in the areas they are responsible for.
You will have the opportunity to join a technology focused company with a passion for innovation and using the latest tech.
Our client has prided itself in the use of cutting edge and innovative IT solutions to help drive the business forward and we are continually looking at the benefits new technology can provide. You will have to use your skills to balance functionality, best practice with simplicity, cost and delivery speed. The ability to work under your own initiative and take responsibility for your own projects is a must. You will need to be able to communicate with all departments from Board level to the shop floor.
You will actively seek to develop and improve the processes within the team ensuring that we have good guides for frequently performed administration activities.
You will need to demonstrate proven experience of working with:
• Microsoft Windows is our primary platform, so you will be expected to have good technical knowledge in all aspects of currently support versions of Windows client and server operating systems. Strong understanding of the Windows permissions model, NTFS, AD DACLS etc. But knowledge of Linux and MacOS is also very useful.
• Experience of managing datacentre hardware essential, you will be expected to troubleshoot and replace failed components. As well as rack and stack new hardware.
• Basic networking troubleshooting skills are required.
• Ideally you will have exposure to the System Center suite of management tools including System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), Operations Manager (SCOM), Virtual Machine Manager (SCVMM) as well as VMware VSphere for management of a VMware ESXi environment.
• A good understanding of Office 365 backend services (Exchange, SharePoint etc) is highly desirable, as well as their on-premise equivalents.
• Ability to write PowerShell scripts.
• Helpful friendly and approachable, able to communicate to both technical and non-technical colleagues
• Ability to comprehend business impact of IT and the risks and opportunities associated with change
• Create clear written documentation
• Deliver training and material to 1st / 2nd Line teams
To apply, please forward your CV along with your salary expectations and notice period.