|Location: ROCHDALE, LANCASHIRE||Salary: 31000 - 37300 GBP Per Annum|
|Sector: Technology||Job Type: Permanent|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: N/A|
|Posted: about 2 months ago||Reference: 3095476|
This role requires a post holder that is a confident technical engineer, with good database administrator (DBA) experience, who can form part of a team of technical 2nd and 3rd line engineers to deliver service excellence.
As an engineer and DBA, this role has responsibility for implementation, support and maintenance of the live technical environment and associated operational activities including day-to-day management of the ICT Systems, Networks and databases.
Technical Requirements (DBA role)
Provide administration and maintenance of the Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle databases, ensuring stability, data integrity and system security - supporting the operation of all developed applications and procured systems that utilise these databases. Ensure that the database driven core ICT systems and associated Line of business (LOB) applications are optimised and perform within agreed parameters and thresholds.
Primary technical skills:
- MS SQL Server / Oracle Databases Administration and Maintenance Services
- Storage Management (Arrays, SANs, NAS) and Print Services
- Windows Server and Active Directory services (Group Policy),
- Data Centre Management (Physical server infrastructure, virtualised infrastructure, VDI/thin client)
Secondary technical skills:
- Exchange Server, OWA, Lync Systems Management (Messaging & Telephony)
- SharePoint services and web hosting platforms - Content filtering, Email/Web Filtering and anti-virus systems software
- Microsoft System Centre (ConfMan, OpsMan, ServMan, VirtMan, DataProcMan)
- Network devices and design (LAN, WAN, WiFi) – basic routing and switching
- Secure Remote Access Services (CITRIX / OWA/ VPN / 2-Factor Authentication)
- Security systems including firewalls and internet access.
- VOIP/PBX (Telephony and unified communications platforms)
- Software transition lifecycle (Packaging and deployment)
- Blackberry Enterprise Management and other BYOD Technology
Qualifications/Skills and Knowledge:
Microsoft SQL Server Databases expertise from a DBA platform perspective, advanced SQL Server Database - build, configure and management, MCITP - SQL Server (or equivalent experience),
Oracle Database qualification (or equivalent experience).
40000 - 45000 GBP Per Annum
PRESCOT, MERSEYSIDERead more
40000 - 50000 GBP Per Annum
STOKE-ON-TRENT, STAFFORDSHIRERead more
30000 - 38000 GBP Per Annum, inc benefits
CARDIFF, SOUTH GLAMORGANRead more
24500.00 - 26000.00 GBP Per Annum
BELFAST, COUNTY ANTRIMRead more
43000.00 - 45000.00 GBP Per Annum
KINGS CROSS, LONDONRead more