We have a fantastic opportunity for a Support Worker in the YOT Team working at a Leading Local Authority in Greater Manchester. This is a Temporary Full-time role, initially for the next 3 months.
Your role will be to be to work as part of the Youth Offending Team, you will be required to have a thorough understanding of the challenges and complexities of working with young people. Predominantly males who are victims and are at risk of being criminally exploited by organised criminal gangs.
You will be managing a caseload, and complete specialist exploitation assessments and risk reduction and support plans
Delivering direct work to young people and their families.
Strong experience of providing interventions to address concerns, such as violence, offending, anti-social behaviour, substance misuse, peer pressure, ACE’s and impact of trauma.
Work with multi-agency framework with GM Police, as a main partner and offering support and consultation to additional partners who are supporting young people at the level of Early Help.
Knowledge of child protection safeguarding processes
Working directly with young people, whose assessed level of need is at Child in Need and Child Protection – Section 47
- Previous experience as a Support Worker in the YOT Team
- Valid Enhanced DBS on the Update Service
- Full UK Driving Licence, and access to a vehicle
- Excellent people skills, being able to talk to the carers, family members, and other senior professionals.
- Reed Reward Benefits and Discounts
- Flexible Payment Options i.e. PAYE / Umbrella and Ltd options
- Weekly Pay, with Online Timesheet system