We are looking to appoint a full time (37.5 hours) Outreach Support Worker to work within the special guardianship support team for a two month period. This post has been created in recognition of the impact on guardianship households of the restrictions associated with COVID-19 pandemic.
The key tasks of this worker would be:
• To provide practical and emotional parenting advice / strategies to help special guardians to support the children in their care
• To support Guardians at times of need / crisis / stressful situations to manage children’s difficulties in responsive and attuned ways
• To support children and young people to have some time away from the home (where possible, in accordance with current restrictions)
• To give children and young people a voice and to listen to their concerns / worries / anxieties and support them to understand them and find new ways to cope, repair and resolve some of their difficulties.
• To support with transitions to school and ensuring children’s emotional needs are considered as part of further planning