My client is looking for full support workers to work with adults with learning disabilities in Croydon.
The client is looking for someone who will promote independence, be advocate for service users, to aid integration and to be a positive role model for the service users.
The shifts are 12 hours long (8am – 8pm), split shifts, waking nights and sleep ins. You must be flexible and able to work on the weekends. The pay is £9 per hour.
The role of Support Worker with adults with learning disabilities:-
· To promote independence
· To develop skills and abilities
· To advocate for service users
· To aid integration and increase social value
· To raise profile in the community and by example give positive view
· To be a role model for appropriate behaviour
· To participate in developing Person Centred Plans for the service user
· To support service users in their daily living skills
· To support service users in both their recreational and therapeutic activities
· To participate in the monthly review of a service users engagement in activities
· To participate in the monthly review of service users risk assessments, both clinical and generic
· To participate in the 6 monthly review of a service users Person Centred Plan
· To support service users in maintaining relationships and contact with the significant people in their lives, such as family and friends
· To be responsible for communicating to all service users the information on their service contracts
· To give service users clear guidance on how they might make a complaint
· To provide both written and verbal information as requested by senior members of staff to ensure the daily maintenance of all record keeping
· To report all incidents to senior staff
· To know and work within the policies and procedures
If you are interested in this role please apply now!