Female Support Officer/Worker needed
• Hours Mon – Friday 8:45 – 5:15 – Friday 08:45- 4:45
• Start date 17th May – 27th August
• Pay £10.01 per hour
Reed Talent Solutions are currently looking for a Female Support Worker to assistant a female client on a 1-1 basis. The role will be based in the Yorkshire area in Dewsbury District Hospital.
This role involves proving 1-1 assistance for a visually impaired Social Worker with all aspects of her social work role which includes:
- accompanying her to ward visits and meetings both in and out of the hospital setting.
- proof reading work
- ensuring that all non verbal communication is noted and reported back to aid assessment.
- support with IT ensuring that the social worker is inputting into the correct system and documentation.
- ensuring that the social worker's needs are met to enable her to function in her role.
- reading documents
-completing tasks that need to be handwritten
- driving to appointments
-guiding around hospital and community settings
-describing visual and pictorial documents.
- is very independent- no personal care
-needs help to make a drink, taking for lunch, doesn’t need to stay with her whilst she is on her lunch just need to make sure she is settled
- needs help to escort to wards and to attend mdt meetings, the ideal candidate needs to be comfortable with going on wards, full PPE is provided
- sometimes works from home, so they can support from home too
• To drive to care homes and support client to assess in the care homes
• To look out for signs during meetings/ assessments, body language, facial expressions to risk assess on clients behalf
• To be IT friendly- making sure client is typing in the right boxes, proof read for her, make calls for her
• To be confident- someone who will integrate into the role
• To be proactive- it is a fast paced role, needs to keep up with pace and ensure they are always busy
• Flexible with taking annual leave when client has her leave
• Car driver and needs to have business insurance
• Virtual interviews Microsoft Teams.
Please apply with your current cv.