Our client in Tunbridge wells are looking for a long term support worker.
The role is to enable vulnerable people living in a variety of different tenures within the community to manage their tenancies/ licences and move towards greater independence. This is achieved by providing a flexible and individually tailored support package.
Working within our contract with Tunbridge Wells Borough Council the Support Worker will provide support to customers who are assessed as having a complexity of needs to help them develop the life skills they require to meet those needs, sustain their current accommodation or assist them to access and move on into permanent accommodation. This could be with registered social landlords or within the private rented sector.
Our client operates trauma and psychologically informed approaches, ensuring that our customers benefit from being supported through strengths-based practices. Support Workers share responsibility by ensuring that a holistic and cohesive model of customer support is embedded across West Kent.
- Building supportive, trusting relationships with customers who may be living in their own accommodation or within other landlord’s accommodation
- Working proactively with other members of the team to handle the service caseload and administrative responsibilities
- Supporting key customers to set personalised goals in the form of a Support Plan
- Conducting regular key work sessions that are innovative and engaging in order to achieve Support Plan goals
- Ensuring ongoing assessment and management of risks associated with customers within an attitude of ‘positive risk taking’
- Providing support with daily living activities, including practical assistance where skills are not yet developed, to ensure that customers enjoy a high quality of accommodation
- Proactive development of links with local statutory and voluntary organizations to provide a range of engagement opportunities for customers in the community
- Involving customers in the design, development and delivery of the service
- Empowering customers to ensure they receive the service and benefits they are entitled to
- Encouraging and enabling tenants to pay their rent and ensure that rent accounts are managed
- Ensuring Look Ahead Health and Safety policies are adhered to at all time and to uphold all health and safety responsibilities within relevant policies and local protocols
- Enjoys social interaction and the company of others, joins in local activities to encourage customer involvement
- Exudes a warm friendly presence and open behaviour
- Prefers working as part of a group or team
- Is fundamentally calm and resilient, does not let emotion adversely affect them or obscure their judgement
- Has a practical and logical mind and is naturally well organised
- Thrives on change and enjoys dynamic diverse environments
- Is confident with high levels of self-esteem
- Is respectful, articulate and sensitive in style of communication
- Is motivated towards excellence and improvement of personal performance with a can do attitude
- Ability to cope positively with challenging and diverse behaviour
- NVQ Level 2 or equivalent experience in the social care/charity sector
- Experience of working with customers who have substance misuse and/or mental health
- Full Driving Licence and access to use of vehicle
- Good IT skills particularly in Microsoft Office, email and interne