REED Specialist Recruitment are recruiting for a Specialist Residential School and home for children and young people diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder. This is a rewarding opportunity supporting and encouraging young people in a variety of settings including the classroom, education and off site activities. Please see further details:
Support Worker / Night Support Worker
Salary: £19,656 full time
Rota - 40 hour week. 4 days on / 4 days off 7:30am - 11pm - Part Time will be considered.
Essential - you must be a Car Driver
Benefits - Regular hours, training towards Level 3 RQF Children and Young people Award
- To primarily work in the residential area providing guidance, support and encouragement to young people .
- The job involves enabling our young people to develop by providing physical and emotional support.
- The role is about working as part of a team to maintain a stable, happy and caring environment that puts the health, safety and welfare of our young people first.
- Important qualities of this role are being a good role model and conducting yourself in a professional manner at all times whilst on duty or representing the company at outside events.
- To build professional relationships with the young people and other staff at your establishment and throughout the company and disengage from these appropriately.
- To do everything possible to maintain a safe, clean and enjoyable environment to live and work in, this will involve domestic duties.
- To learn about our individual’s specific needs and help meet those needs in the most appropriate way following all policies and procedures.
- To assist young people with their medical and welfare needs and to report as required, which may include the administration of emergency ‘when required’ medication.
- To support our young people maintain their personal cleanliness, general hygiene and appearance, this may include intimate care, following individual care plan.
- To keep up to date with all communication/information systems.
- Attend and take an active part in meetings as appropriate.
- Car Driver
- Preferred experience of working within this client group
- Qualifications / Training within Health and Social Care (Level 3)
- Ability to work a rota pattern
- Full employment history and compliance checks to be conducted via REED initially.
This is an exciting position to work within a fantastic care setting, building relationships with the children and young people and developing your own skills and training.