Title – Support Worker
Position – Temporary to Permanent
Location - Corbridge
Salary - £19,000 P/A
Our REED Further Education branch are currently working with a great college on an exciting new role in the North East. As we reach the beginning of the new academic year we are looking for enthusiastic and experienced Support Workers to join the college on a temporary to permanent basis.
- Is an independent specialist provider of Further Education, offering day and up to 52 week residential placements for young people with a learning disability, Autism Spectrum Disorder and complex needs
- Offer Education to those with Education Health and Care Plans (EHCP's)
- Their residential services have a reputation for providing outstanding levels of care, helping children and young people with a range of complex needs, including deaf and hearing loss, victims of child sexual abuse and exploitation and CAMHS, to stabilise their lives, develop their potential and progress to more independent living.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting learners on a 1:1 basis in the classroom and within the residential home
- Work on differentiated activities with groups of students
- Support students in their residential setting with Cooking, Cleaning and providing personal care where required
The College is not accessible via public transport, so car drivers are essential. You will also be required to work evenings and weekends.
What you will need:
- Experience as a support worker is essential, with experience supporting with SEN, Challenging Behaviours and providing personal care
- A QCF Level 3 or other relevant qualification (must be completed within two years of the start date of your employment)
- Previous experience of manual handling, and de escalation techniques
- DBS on the update service
Benefits of working with Reed Education:
When you work with Reed Education, you will have access to a range of expertise and advice as well as benefits. We can provide you with:
- Competitive pay rates
- Access to a personal consultant who is an expert in Further Education recruitment
- The ability to sign up to our Reed rewards, discount and pension schemes
- Access to a huge range of teaching opportunities through our network of branches across England
If this sounds like a role that you would like, please forward us your most up to date CV by clicking ‘Apply Now’. If you have any questions, then don’t hesitate to contact your local Further Education branch, we would love to speak to you and help you figure out the next step in your career.
Please note due to the amount of responses we receive we are unable to get back to every applicant with feedback. If you do not hear from us within 5 working days of your application unfortunately you have been successful in being considered for this role.