The Hampshire Supply Service are looking for Qualified Secondary Teachers to complete long- and short-term supply work in Havant and the surrounding areas.
The Hampshire Supply Service work in direct partnership with Hampshire County Council, to provide teaching and support staff to schools across the county.
As a supply teacher, you will be covering a range of KS3 and 4 lessons in the absence of the teacher. This is on a completely flexible basis, so that you are in control of which days you work each week, whether this is one day or five. It also gives the opportunity to get to know and work with multiple schools within your area.
For day to day supply work, no planning and marking is required. You will be expected to deliver set lessons in an engaging and interesting manner, to keep pupils on track.
- Set high expectations which inspire, motivate and challenge pupils
- Demonstrate good subject and curriculum knowledge
- Adapt teaching to respond to the strengths and needs of all pupils having a secure understanding of how a range of factors can inhibit pupils’ ability to learn, and how best to overcome these.
- Manage behaviour effectively to ensure a good and safe learning environment, maintaining good relationships with pupils, exercising appropriate authority, and acting decisively when necessary, whilst following school behaviour policy
- Having regard for the need to safeguard pupils’ well-being, in accordance with statutory provisions
Showing tolerance of and respect for the rights of others
In order to become a supply teacher, you must:
- Hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
- Be Entitled to Work in the UK
- Complete a DBS check