We are excited to work in partnership with our successful and growing Global Manufacturing business who are looking for Production/Supply Chain Planner based in Willenhall, home working currently.
Salary : £25,000 - £30,000 per annum
Key Responsibilities :
The primary objective of this position is to ensure optimum availability of Factored Inventory in servicing customer orders and forecast requirements in accordance with UK Inventory targets.
- Maintain and develop existing supply chains for 'A' category factored products.
- Interpret sales forecasts / demand in support of purchase order placement.
- Ensure PO's are shipped on time from suppliers - expediting when necessary.
- Regularly communicate with freight forwarders and Kuehne + Nagel team at the FC to co-ordinate inbound deliveries.
- Maintain accurate detail pertaining to factored products on Microsoft AX.
- Compile, analyse and present key data related to Factored Inbound Supply to management within AAUK / EMEA.
- Raise purchase orders in respect of customer orders, forecast and MRP.
- Monitor customer forecasts and associated demand, ensuring optimum inventory levels are ordered when required.
- Communicate with overseas suppliers (China, India, Europe) & freight forwarders.
- Daily communicate with customer services in respect of stock availability to meet customer orders.
- Have management / planning experience to ensure optimum availability of Inventory across multiple SKU's (k's) via multiple overseas vendors on extended lead times (3+ months).
- Have experience using MS Excel, ERP, Microsoft AX & Demand Solutions
- Have experience with supply chain management - sea freight / air / road - working with freight forwarders.
- Have relevant experience with importing goods to the UK & understanding of INCO Terms.
- Be able to work in pressurized environment.
- Strive for continuous personal development and improvement.
- Be flexible and have the ability to multitask.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
33 days holiday
For more information on this opportunity or any other local roles please call Michelle Green - Reed Procurement and Supply Chain. REED recruit across 20 specialisms in the UK and overseas, established for over 50 years.