|Location: ASHFORD, KENT||Salary: 28000 - 28000 GBP Per Annum|
|Sector: Procurement & Supply Chain||Job Type: Contract|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: N/A|
|Posted: 17 days ago||Reference: 3078649|
A fantastic opportunity to work for the leading UK wholesaler in a supply chain manager role (You are not managing any staff). They offer fantastic career opportunities and training and development for all their staff. Their success is partly down to the great relationships they have with their customers, and their customers are at the forefront of everything to do an they are trying to continuously improve their service for their customers.
This role also comes with a car as you will be visiting clients 2 or 3 times a week
Support customer & business supply chain planning requirements, gathering demand insight & managing customer driven change within the network. Establish & develop collaborative relationships with the businesses key customers to facilitate best demand change intelligence gathering that supports best service for customers & lowest risk to the business.
Work with customers and account managers to clear discontinued products and ensure nominated and sourced stock is cleared through before expiry.
• Collaborate with customers to gather forecasting insight for key demand events (promotions, allocations, menu changes, category switches events etc). Challenge, validate & analyse the impact & communicate simply and quickly across the companys Supply Chain & distribution network, specifically identifying concerns or decisions that need to be made.
• Work with customers to gather insight relating to supply changes (bespoke product switches, bespoke supplier changes etc) and support with managing & communicating that change by working with customers, suppliers and across the companys supply chain & distribution network.
• Collaborate with customers to ensure wastage risk against bespoke products is identified & tracked within 6 months of its shelf-life end or with sufficient time to take action to avoid waste.
• Work with customers to ensure that bespoke product discontinuations are cleared from the companys Supply Chain & Distribution network within 14 weeks of delist or in line with the customer contract.
• Build the appropriate relationships with internal sales teams to gather insight relating to sales driven change (e.g. customer brand switching or nominated to list line switches)
• Ensure that feedback is provided to customers or sales teams on the quality and timliness of their insights
• Essential at least 1 years’ experience in a customer facing role
• Essential at least 3 years’ experience in a Supply Chain role, preferably in retail, foodservice or FMCG company.
• Understanding of outlook tools (Excel, powerpoint & word) and experience of using an ERP system.
• Experience or involvement in delivering or working as part of a project team desirable
• Understanding of lean principles or other continuous improvement methodology desirable.
• Six Sigma Yellow or Green Belt would be advantageous.
18000.00 - 18000.00 GBP Per Annum, inc benefits
AYLESBURY, BUCKINGHAMSHIRERead more
18000 - 18000 GBP Per Annum, inc benefits
NORTHWICH, CHESHIRERead more
26000.00 - 32000.00 GBP Per Annum
WINNERSH, BERKSHIRERead more
35000.00 - 45000.00 GBP Per Annum, inc benefits
WEST LONDON, LONDONRead more