|Location: Havant||Salary: 45000 - 50000 GBP Per Annum|
|Sector: Procurement & Supply Chain||Job Type: Contract|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: N/A|
|Posted: about 1 year ago||Reference: 3039198|
Your new company
Your new company are a world leader in aerospace manufacturing with close to 60,000 employee's worldwide and revenue's close to £10B. With 6,000 UK employee's and 10 manufacturing facilities, this new role will be located at their Hampshire facilities within easy reach of towns such as Southampton, Portsmouth, Winchester and similar.
Your new role
Your new role as Supply Chain Manager will take full procurement and supply chain responsibilities for assigned direct commodities for the aerospace manufacturing side of the business.
You will be responsible for managing all tactical sourcing and procurement expenditure, production planning, S&OP and logistics/warehousing and will ensure requirements are met on time and to appropriate quality standards. This will be delivered through a capable and cost effective supply base.
The role works at a senior level with a high degree of autonomy and will be focused on delivering cost effective solutions and cost reductions on a year basis.
Some key responsibilities:
- Contribute to site profit plan goals; cost savings economics, quality, supplier rationalisation, low cost sourcing and other agreed activities.
- Lead on chosen material resourcing activities
- Implement and influence supply chain strategies for the site and process improvement
- Support of proper Make or Buy decisions, prepare data and slides for relevant strategic gate reviews
- Ensuring the cost, quality and time-orientated supply of the required goods and materials in with the respective business plans, budgets, targets and strategies.
- Deliver ethical and compliant supply chain contract management practices ensuring the incorporation of New Product Introduction Methodologies.
- Manage effective warehousing and logistics channels around the site to the best 'Total Value' proposition ensuring all KPI's are measured and improved upon.
- Deploy Lead Warehouse and Inventory Management principles to drive turns and cash improvements.
As a strategic role you will contribute to short, medium and long-term material strategies, managing supplier performance - namely delivery performance, unit cost, non-recurring costs (etc), holding regular senior business review meeting with key suppliers, analysing supplier cost competitiveness and work with supplier to reduce cost through product and process improvement.
To be successful in this role
You will demonstrate a strong hands-on and strategic level career in supplier selection and supplier management within the aerospace industry or a similar field e.g. automotive
You will be experienced working at a senior management level with a proven ability to develop high level strategies and gain commitment to take these strategies forward.
You will have a successful career in creating internal cost efficiencies without risking quality or supply chain (i.e. on-time delivery) and will also clearly showcase a portfolio of identifying and implementing process improvements, both within your own internal supply chain processes (i.e. warehousing, inventory) and also that of your supplier (i.e. product development improvements, process improvements, similar).
Key to this role is demonstrating a successful portfolio of delivering savings through direct supplier negotiation, supplier rationalisation and using other procurement/supply chain methodologies to reduce Total Costs.
In return for your services
You can expect to work with one of the worlds foremost and pioneering aerospace businesses offering huge potential to grow your career on personal and professional level. The business are a competitive employer offering a broad range of benefits to successful applicants. This role will suit individuals particularly who are looking for space to achieve significant goals and progress their career forwards.
40,000.00-45,000.00 GBP Per annum, inc Benefits
TWICKENHAM, MIDDLESEX, UNITED KINGDOMRead more
38,000.00-45,000.00 GBP Per annum, inc Benefits
BRENTFORD, MIDDLESEX, UNITED KINGDOMRead more
HUNTINGDON, CAMBRIDGESHIRERead more
PETERBOROUGH, CAMBRIDGESHIRERead more
50000.00 - 60000 GBP Per Annum
GREATER MANCHESTER, LANCASHIRERead more