REED Procurement & Supply Chain are delighted to be assisting our client, an automotive manufacturing business, on the appointment of a Supply Chain Manager to join their team. Due to recent company growth and success across a new business unit, this role has been newly-created for an experienced and enthusiastic Supply Chain professional who has the ability to lead teams and ensure delivery of products and services whilst maintaining the site MRP ordering system.
The role is full-time and permanent offering £42,000-45,000 per annum DOE.
The position offers a 12.40 finish on a Friday, a good company pension scheme, life assurance and many other benefits.
- Maintain inventory levels in accordance with global targets
- Ensure delivery of products and services
- Manage new project introductions
- Manage performance of a small team of 2 Supply Chain Officers
- Organise the recruitment and training of staff as well as monitoring staff performance and progress
- Support team in management of supplier delivery concerns
- Develop and maintain the site MRP/ERP material ordering system
- Lead ERP system development changes
- Review and approve supplier capacity plans
- Support in cost reduction activities
- Ensure material phase outs are managed
- Manage new product launches
- Ideally you will hold experience within a similar role, gained in a fast-moving, automotive, manufacturing environment
- Strong leader with a proven track record of managing small teams
- Strong knowledge of IT systems and experience using an ERP system
- Ability to work under pressure
- High willingness to make/drive decisions
- Strategic approach
- Good analytical skills
To be considered for this exciting new opportunity, please apply before Friday 26th February 2021. Interviews to commence at the start of March.