General Role Description
Coordinate and supervise staff across Street Scene to ensure the delivery of a high quality service across the Borough, dealing with the day to day operational issues and management of teams. Providing focus and direction to ensure service delivery targets are achieved.
Duties and Responsibilities
Core responsibilities and duties will include:
- Assist in identifying opportunities for continuous improvement in service delivery to ensure a value for money service is delivered.
- Ensure accurate records are maintained to meet the services statutory requirements and not put service delivery at risk.
- Ensure all relevant health and safety regulations are adhered to during service delivery. To keep staff safe at work and make sure the Councils ability to operate is not put at risk.
- Challenge and manage the performance of staff on a day to day basis ensuring the Policies and Procedures are adhered to and outcomes recorded.
- Ensure professional services and high standards are delivered across the borough.
- Maintaining good relationships with customers, members of the public and colleagues.
- Assist with the implementation of new ways of working and IT systems
- To participate in the Councils standby arrangements including winter maintenance and 24/7 standby cover. Take an active role in the event of an emergency, supporting, advising and assisting the Emergency Planning Team
Specialist Skills and Knowledge
Essential skills, knowledge and experience required to fulfil the role include, but are not limited to:
- Level 3 qualification in Horticulture/cleansing or equivalent
- Service relevant LANTRA training
- Driving Licence
- Specialist Vehicle Training such as HGV/Tractor/ride on mowers/sweepers
- Experience of working within Street Cleanse/Grounds Maintenance environment.
- Experience of managing a front line service delivery team and working to deadlines
- Experience of reading and the implementation of drawings, schedules and specifications.
- Knowledge of legislation relating to health and safety, use of equipment and dealing with hazardous waste.
- Ability to use specialist IT and Microsoft applications
- Initially 6 months contract but could be extended
- Monday - Friday
- £14.02 per hour