|Location: LEICESTER, LEICESTERSHIRE||Salary: 14.00 - 18.00 GBP Per Hour|
|Sector: Property & Construction||Job Type: Temporary|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: N/A|
|Posted: 3 months ago||Reference: 3081272|
Job Title: Supervisor (Sites / Highways Service)
Service/Section: Highways & Transportation, Operational Highways, Highway Operations
Base/Location: Croft Depot / Mountsorrel Depot
Responsible To: Works Manager, Highway Operations
Responsible For: Operatives on site as required
To organise, manage, control and be responsible for the day-to-day works operations on site, including timely call off of plant, materials and labour in line with the project plan produced by the Service Delivery team (Site Supervisor)
To manage a team of operatives to deliver a professional cost-effective service maintaining the County’s highways to agreed standards (Highway Service Supervisor)
1. To ensure that the services are delivered for the benefit of the people of Leicestershire.
2. To support effective partnerships and working relationships with statutory, voluntary, private agencies and communities.
3. To ensure activities are delivered in the most efficient and effective manner as possible.
4. To prepare technical reports for Members, partners, customers and stakeholders where appropriate.
5. To support the performance management of services and teams through contributing to the departmental business planning process as required.
6. To lead on the performance management of the team, applying creative and focussed interventions to increase performance, productivity and team morale
7. To assist the Operations Manager with employee selection, recruitment, induction, training and development, attendance management, monitoring and disciplinary procedures
8. Champion training and experiential development of employees to improve the provision of services, contribute to efficiency savings; and promote workforce capabilities in order to respond to a changing market place and flexible work demands
9. To manage and lead a dedicated team of employed staff, contingent workers and sub-contractors in accordance with agreed performance standards
10. To provide advice and support to the Service Delivery team to enable efficient build quality, and adherence to cost and time targets
11. To pre-plan and requisition plant and materials to fulfil the works programme
12. To ensure detailed health and safety plans for individual sites and schemes are completed and adhered to, along with the development of risk assessments, method statements and safe working practices, in accordance with traffic and construction regulations for site and members of the public.
13. To embrace new working methods, taking the lead with the workforce to embed new processes and procedures including utilisation and promotion of available technological solutions
14. To cover the absence of other Supervisors as and when required, ensuring data and processes are fully covered during periods of absence
15. Above all, to avoid delays in the submission of team data, statistics, paperwork or information that would impede other financial or administrative procedures
16. Comply with quality assurance procedures and ensure all work undertaken by gangs under your control also complies with the QA requirements. Collect key performance indicator information as part of the QA process
32600 - 35600 GBP Per Annum
STAFFORD, STAFFORDSHIRERead more
14.20 - 14.20 GBP Per Hour
MOUNTSORREL, LEICESTERSHIRERead more
18.00 - 22.70 GBP Per Hour
DORKING, SURREYRead more
20.24 - 25.26 GBP Per Hour
35000 - 41000 GBP Per Annum
GLOUCESTERSHIRE, SOUTH WEST ENGLANDRead more