**MUST BE AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY**
Lewisham Council are seeking a Supervising Social Worker who can Supervise a caseload of 16-18 fostering households. The role is to support, advise and guide foster carers in every aspect of their fostering career by:
• Keeping in frequent touch with the foster carers, their family and the children or young people in placement through regular statutory visits/supervision, telephone calls and via email.
• Arranging any additional support services needed by the foster carers or children placed with them to enable placement success/stability
• Supporting foster carers with attending meetings, writing reports, keeping records etc.
• Supporting foster carers in enabling them to manage contact between the child/children in their care and their birth parents/relatives/friends
• Identifying training needs of foster carers and supporting them in achieving their learning and development objectives. Facilitating foster carer support groups.
• Working alongside the child/children's social workers in supporting the foster carers in implement the Local Authority's care plan for the child/children placed.
• Undertaking foster carer annual reviews.
Essential requirements of this Social Worker role:
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Hold a full UK drivers' licence
* Post-qualified experience
Please apply online with an up to date CV