Reed Procurement & Supply Chain are currently partnered with a global construction/engineering business with a big presence in the London region.
We are looking to recruit a sub-contracts category manager with a construction background - This role will involve the onboarding of suppliers ensuring sub contracts are compliant.
• Market analysis, support to define the need, tender enquiries, quotations comparison, lead negotiations, manage pre & post tender interviews, analyse cost comparisons and provide appointment recommendations
• Compile and issue contract documentation and service level agreements in compliance with company policies
• Develop strategies to optimize total cost, capacity, quality, safety and compliance
• Partner with EHS and field operations to establish a robust field subcontractor performance management system that:
o Ensures visibility and compliance to corporate policy and local, regional, global regulations;
• Define preferred subcontractor supplier strategies, negotiate framework legal agreements that address capacity and savings in addition to all standard T&Cs, and deploy these strategies locally
• Incorporate labour rate knowledge and costing methods into subcontractor pricing matrices, while expanding the application of pricing matrix methodologies to all categories of subcontracted services
• Champion and deliver global initiatives such as implementing a centralised resource management system to effectively allocate subcontractors
• Develop individual package strategies and appropriate sourcing route
• Monitor and report procurement results against budget
• Conduct supplier audits / formal reviews to aid continuous improvements
• Ensure adherence to all Company Policies and Procedures.
• To be fully conversant and compliant with all Environmental Health and Safety procedures.
• Complete quarterly ethics module as advised by ECO. To fully comply with all Quality, Environmental Health and Safety directives including but not limited to PPE, Accident Reporting, Cardinal Rules, RAMS, ACE
Degree or equivalent in relevant subject desirable
Chartered – CIPS
Resource Management experience – essential
General Contractor or Large Subcontractor experience – essential
Construction, Civils, M&E experience - desirable