General Role Description
Lead and manage and a multi-disciplined team to deliver both the strategic vision and day to day operational services with Street Scene. Work with key partners providing sound and robust advice relating to the delivery of key operations in order to deliver a consistently high standard of service which is compliant with the appropriate legislation.
Duties and Responsibilities
Core responsibilities and duties will include:
- Ensure the Street Scene service has a high impact within the neighbourhoods and communities of Doncaster. Provide high degree of leadership to the operational teams within the service, while also playing a key role with the development and implementation of the strategic vision of the service.
- Lead on the development and implementation of responsive approaches to changing services standards. Ensuring the service area continues to deliver a high level service across the Borough.
- Focus on delivering results, managing relationships, managing staff and other resources to ensure they are efficiently and effectively utilised.
- Lead on all aspects of service planning and performance management for the Street Scene service. Prioritise service delivery needs to ensure to ensure all resources are effectively used to meet corporate performance targets.
- Ensure all activities undertaken by Street Scene are compliant with the Council’s Health and Safety policies and current Health and Safety Legislation.
- Take an active role in the event of an emergency providing full support to the Emergency Planning team. To Participate in the Council’s standby arrangements including winter maintenance and 24/7 standby cover.
Specialist Skills and Knowledge
Beneficial skills, knowledge and experience required to fulfil the role include, but are not limited to:
- Relevant qualification in management.
- Experience of leading and managing a multi-disciplined team to deliver a high level operational service.
- Experience of operational and project leadership with a track record of delivering results and value for money services.
- Significant understanding of the local priorities and the legislative framework that surrounds the Council’s delivery of operational services.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety Legislation and the management of Health and Safety.
- Significant knowledge of financial procedure rules relating to Local Government and the services which the Council is responsible.
Initially a 3 month contract, likely to be extended, paying circa £280 LTD per day.