Are you immediately available to work for the next 12 months?
Would you like a role working outdoors?
Would you like to join the 2021 City of Culture’s Council?
Here at REED we are working exclusively with Coventry City Council to find Street Pride Operative’s for community service areas to play a lead role in making our City Of Culture proud by delivering a safe, clean and tidy place for our visitors and for the people of Coventry.
The role will include driving vehicles including mechanical pavement sweepers, sweeping streets, emptying bins, litter picking grassed areas, cleaning public facilities and using power tools such as strimmer’s and hedge cutters, and various grass cutting machines.
Successful candidate’s will:
- Be reliable and committed to maintaining our City Of Culture
- Have a professional attitude towards working within our City
- Be able to walk for long periods of time in all weather conditions
- Have knowledge of Health and safety in the workplace
- An ability to undertake a range of labouring tasks which will involve some bending and lifting
- Basic Knowledge of horticultural operations
- An ability to operate basic hand and power tools
- Able to work flexibly across any shift if necessary
- A minimum of a Category B driving licence
Working week generally includes a shift pattern of 07:00 – 15:00 Monday to Thursday with an earlier finish on Fridays, with the competitive salary of £9.00 per hour, working for your local authority and many other benefits including REED rewards.
Are you ready to join the City of Culture’s Council? If you think this is the role for you please email your CV to Joanna.L.Hughes@reedglobal.com call 02476 256097 or click apply!