Strategic Partnerships Officer (Adult Safeguarding)
1. To ensure continuous development, improvement, efficiency and success of the service through effective planning, budget management, performance management and governance of the service.
2. Strategic lead for the Council’s Youth provision including Connexions intensive support to vulnerable young people in partnership with other services and, where appropriate, schools.
3. To undertake strategic commissioning and effective monitoring of contracts related to the youth provision and Connexions activities across the Borough.
4. To manage budgets and performance of approximately £1.4m.
Principal Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
1. Make a positive contribution to the delivery of the provision, this will include working flexibly and positively to achieve the objectives of the council.
2. Manage and lead staff to achieve high performance and effective operational delivery, including developing and improving staff capability.
3. Manage a customer focused service and the effective use of resources.
4. Ensure that the council’s overall vision, values and ethos are central to the requirements of the service.
5. Support effective working relationships and act as an ambassador and advocate with external organisations.
6. Keep up to date with developments in service delivery and best practice to ensure the service performs effectively and to the highest standards.
7. To be the strategic lead for the Council’s provision of youth and Connexions services for young people to ensure improved outcomes.
8. To undertake strategic planning and lead on the full commissioning cycle of services as required for youth provision ensuring that contracted projects and services meet the council’s strategic priorities and that the service is targeted to the most vulnerable children and young people and those at risk of NEET or poor outcomes.
9. To work with a range of youth providers to develop a sustainable market of provision across the Borough.