A local authority based in London are looking for a Strategic Housing Manager to specifically work within Homelessness and Prevention.
This is initially a 6 month contract with both Umbrella and PAYE rates available
To provide strategic leadership, direction and management of the Council’s Housing Needs and Refugee service
To develop, lead and monitor a performance management framework for the service to ensure continuous improvement of service targets
To provide corporate advice on all services which form part of the Housing Needs & Refugee Service and represent the Council on cross Borough and London-wide groups.
Take ultimate responsibility for the management, direction and control of both directly employed staff and other service providers in the delivery of the service, establishing and negotiating options and solutions and resolving conflict.
As Service Group Manager you will:
- Be responsible for professional advice and support in services which form part of the Housing Needs Group to deliver in partnership with others the council’s vision, values and ways of working.
- Take overall responsibility for the planning and management of services including effective change management processes when required in order to ensure community and customer needs are identified and met.
- Ensure the delivery of identified service objectives and continuous improvement of service targets.
- Achieve results through the effective management and development of people.
- Ensure the effective deployment of financial resources and compliance with statutory professional and organisational frameworks.
Knowledge & Experience
A successful track record of leading and managing complex and rigorous organisational change and driving through new ways of working in a large, complex organisation as a senior manager
A successful track record of establishing a strong performance culture through effective performance measures, that has led to improved outcomes for service users.
Experience of effectively managing and monitoring multi disciplinary teams
Excellent understanding of the issues facing the management of a public sector organization
Good knowledge of major professional, legislative and policy issues facing the provision of services within the Division, particularly homelessness
Experience of formulating, leading and implementing housing strategies and programmes and related strategies and programmes that cross service or professional boundaries
Experience in planning, managing and controlling complex workloads.