Reed Procurement - Public Sector are delighted to be working with a large employer based in South East London in recruiting a Strategic Clinical Category Manager. This is a brand new permanent position and you will be reporting directly to the Head of Clinical Procurement.
Please note: To be considered for this role you MUST have Extensive Clinical Category and OJEU experience.
- To maximise value from the supply chain by developing and leading on strategic procurement and category management across the designated division and associated expenditure categories.
- Help manage designated expenditure categories across the Trust divisions where appropriate
- To be able to report saving delivery and operational updates to the Trust divisional heads which will include UPAC, Network care and PRUH
- To have full visibility of senior category managers work plans and to ensure accountability on project delivery.
- To take full accountability of assigned strategical clinical projects in line with procurement process and KFM work plan.
- To deliver benefits in line with agreed Divisional, Departmental and Trust targets.
- Ensure contract compliance of all expenditure and pursue procurement excellence through the development and implementation of efficient and effective procurement projects across these key areas of expenditure.
- To develop strategic procurement and commercial strategies for the expenditure categories and to maintain short, medium and long term work plan and benefits forecast with appropriate levels of detail.
- To deliver strategic procurement and commercial projects in conjunction with key stakeholders.
- To ensure appropriate and effective contract management is in place in conjunction with key stakeholders for all expenditure across the division/expenditure categories.
- To lead/facilitate strategic initiatives such as sustainable procurement, local supplier development and collaborative opportunities.
- Support the Head of Procurement in the development and implementation of KFM’s Procurement Strategy.
- Develop and Implement innovative strategies for procurement across the Trust that are compliant with EU Procurement Directives and NHS procurement standards and policies and that have a high level of user input and involvement.
- Conduct appropriate procurement process activities (e.g. OJEU tendering, quotations, etc.) for allocated products and services.
- To support the training, development and succession planning across the team – and in particular pro-actively manage and support the development of any direct reports.
Essential skills and experience
- MCIPS (or equivalent experience)
- Track record of delivering cost reductions
- Expertise in Category and Contract management
- Experience of managing a team
- Experience of managing high value and complex projects
- A demonstrable track record of procurement savings delivery
- Experience of operating at a senior level and having the ability to influence senior stakeholders
- Significant experience of supplier relationship management
- Evidence of Strong commercial awareness and capability, and the ability to realise opportunities.
- Competitive Salary & Pension
- 10% Bonus