REED Procurement & Supply Chain are delighted to be partnering with our multinational client who have manufacturing sites and operations throughout the UK, Europe and beyond for the appointment of a Strategic Buyer for their Logistics and Transport category.
Based : Wolverhampton
Salary up to £40,000 plus great benefits package
- To manage the complete portfolio of Logistics and Transport spend within the Indirect Procurement budget.
- Liaise with and support EMEA Category Manager for Logistics and Transport to leverage spend and cost efficiencies in group.
- To effectively manage the 3rd party transportation providers ensuring all KPI's are met, costs are controlled and anticipated savings are delivered.
- Negotiate supply and service level agreements with our 3PL and other logistics providers.
- Implement initiatives to reduce transportation costs (measured as % of Sales) - whilst maximizing service to the internal organisation (warehouses and factories) and customers.
- To own the logistics process within the business, ensuring processes become deeply embedded and followed by all business units.
- Driving competitive advantage through close collaboration with Business unit colleagues to achieve the company's profitability objectives.
- To continuously drive improvements in transportation (OFR & costs).
- To continuously improve logistics process efficiencies by implementing lean principles and methodology and implementing automation (tools, systems and processes) where appropriate.
- To drive improvements across the whole supply chain including logistics and transportation management.
- To support the operational integration of any future acquisitions.
- To work closely together with the stakeholders, such as the appointed regional Logistical leaders.
- To undertake administrative duties to support the Strategic Procurement team including assisting with systems based activities and projects.
The ideal candidate will:
· Be educated to degree level in Supply Chain/Logistics specialism.
· Have CILT or CIPS qualification desired but not essential.
· Have minimum 5 years experience in operations, logistics and transportation, supply chain based roles.
· Ideally have some purchasing exposure and project management experience.
Reed Procurement & Supply Chain
For more information on this opportunity or any other local roles please call us today to discuss your CV - Michelle Green 01902715589 firstname.lastname@example.org
REED recruit across 20 specialisms in the UK and overseas, established for over 60 years.
Your local team offer over 35 years combined recruitment experience. Our fully trained consultants will get to know your skills, experiences and career aspirations, and work with you to formulate an action plan to secure you the right role. We will provide you with advice on CV preparation and interview techniques, providing you with an invaluable insight into your local employment market. Our service is free and confidential.