Urgent requirement for an experienced Stores Assistant to join a leading organisation based in Belfast, Bt12.
This is a full-time, temporary position for initially 8-10 weeks.
Monday to Friday, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm (37.5 hours)
Salary: £8.91 p/h
The Stores Assistant will be the key point of contact for Goods receipt & despatch, stock, and replenishment. Due to the multi-site locations within the Group, you may have to transfer or deliver stock and/or equipment between sites.
- 5 GCSE grades A-C including Maths and English or equivalent.
- Full clean driver’s License
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Motivated and enthusiastic
- Commitment to ongoing development
- Willingness to provide flexible cover as and when required
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work on own initiative
Overview of responsibilities:
- Responsible for the daily running of company stores. You will help create and adhere to efficient processes to manage the receipt, location, and distribution of all goods. Reporting of any shortages or damages in a timely manner to the Procurement team to be dealt with. Stores to be kept tidy.
- Undertake replenishment and/or re-ordering of basic stores items as agreed by the Procurement team. The Stores Assistant will be responsible for the replenishment of stock at store level and provide support services to the clinical staff ensuring that items are accessible to them. They should liaise constantly with the Procurement team with regards to stock levels, re-order and any delivery discrepancies.
- Undertake FMD scanning of pharmacy items & distribution of same. Reporting of any shortages or damages in a timely manner to the Procurement team to be dealt with.
- Management of all Loan Equipment ordered in by the Procurement team. Follow an efficient process to ensure that loan equipment is in the hospital on the days required for use and that it is picked up and returned in a timely manner to the supplier.
- Remove clinical waste and any other rubbish.
- In conjunction with the Procurement team, organise and participate in the Group stocktakes.
- Assist with activities relating to the statutory compliance and regulation of the building.