Storage and Backup Administrator/ EMC/ Veeam
Salary: £30,000- £48,000
Location: Central Newcastle
Benefits: Gym membership/ Car Scheme/ Holidays/ Pension/ Learning and Development
As a Storage and Backup Administrator you must have a deep and broad knowledge of managing Dell EMC unity, VNX Systems, Veeam and Back-Up Exec. You will experience global mobility, industry focus and a push for innovation day to day. This company are looking for a team member who wants to succeed in everything that they do. With a culture of rewarding merit, you will be a valued team member, rewarded through a progressive career path.
The positions primary role is delivering solutions through the sustainability programme, as well as providing Operational support and assisting the EMEA Service Delivery team during heavy project load.
The role will involve but is not limited to:
- Deliver solutions in adherence to the EMEA infrastructure sustainability programme and conforming to NRF’s project methodology.
- Supporting the 3 year sustainability roadmap to maintain NRF environments and platforms to ensure we have a safe, secure and stable platform to deliver new innovation
- Creation of technical documentation and provision of education/knowledge transfer for IT and Level 1 and 2 teams.
- In cooperation with the Security team, implement and maintain data security best practices in infrastructure solutions
- Building good working relationships with the Service Delivery, Network support and Business Support teams.
The successful candidate should be able to show:
- Experience with Veean and EMC is essential
- Knowledge and experience of using Veeam and Back-Up Exec essential.
- Relevant in depth knowledge and experience in managing Dell EMC Unity and VNX Systems.
- Knowledge and experience of link between Unity/VNX and VMware.
- Knowledge and experience of iSCSI protocol
- Knowledge of replication technologies such as Recoverpoint and the internal replication function of Unity.
- Ability to build strong working relationships with key stakeholders and apply best practices appropriately.
- Be able to create technical documentation for the technical audience
- Working knowledge of ITIL framework
Benefits include and are not limited to:
- Pension plan
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Employee assistance programme
- Private GP and medical insurance
- Discounted gym membership
- Annual leave and holiday buy
- Car scheme
- Childcare vouchers
If this role is of interest, please send your CV over to Hayley.email@example.com ASAP. This company are looking to interview before Christmas!