3 Month Contract
Starting ASAP (Long term sickness cover)
1. To achieve and maintain customer product availability to the required period service level of 98%.
2. To manage commercial stock within the Depot.
3. To provide stock control support to Stock Control Supervisor facilitating achievement of service level targets and department objectives.
1. To fulfil customer orders in an accurate and timely fashion.
2. To place supplier orders promptly to ensure achievement of service level targets.
3. To manage product shelf life.
4. Ensure that any orders not received are chased and delivery agreed.
5. Sourcing of stock including correct pack sizes, quantity, price and best before dates.
6. Procuring new products from suppliers both existing and new.
7. Managing returns to supplier/Depots.
8. To promote good relations with external and internal suppliers.
9. To react effectively to sales fluctuations, seasonal changes and supply problems in order to minimise out of stock lines.
10. To ensure that extensive communication channels exist and are upheld between suppliers, managers, in-house colleagues and external depots.
11. To take an active role throughout depot stock take procedure.
12. Liaise with customers informing them of any delays and resolving queries.
13. To produce and monitor key performance indicators.
14. To ensure correct balance of stock in all temperature areas of the warehouse.
15. Control day to day activity concerning export.
16. Manage day to day non-core activity.
17. Escalate any supplier issues to Stock Manager, ensuring prompt action is taken with regards to substitute products.
18. To manage slow moving products and removals of de-listed products.
19. To undertake comprehensive training of administration staff in order to facilitate adequate cover during periods of holiday absence.
20. To ensure production of daily, weekly and period reports.
Job requirements :
- Numerical skills, ability to prioritise, reactive as well as proactive
- Ability to work on own initiative with minimum supervision
- Excellent communication skills including PC literate, Excel, Word, Outlook and internet
- Must have the ability to prioritise and have already gained experience within a FMCG environment
- Previous experience in inventory control
- Previous supply chain experience