|Location: LANCASTER, LANCASHIRE||Salary: 17000 - 17000 GBP Per Annum|
|Sector: Business Support||Job Type: Permanent|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: 1|
|Posted: 12 months ago||Reference: 3062876|
If yes, this could be the new challenge for you!
My client is currently expanding and we are looking for an experienced Transport administrator to work within their busy and established team.
The overall responsibility of the role is to ensure the most efficient and cost-effective co-ordination of transport movements within the designated areas of responsibility as well as to ensure that customers are serviced in a timely and accurate manner and that their transport requirements are met in full.
1. Organising the routing and scheduling of transport movements to ensure the provision of the most effective and cost-efficient transport service across designated sites.
2. Work along side hauliers to obtain best possible rates.
3. Liaise with hauliers regarding transport movements, clearly defining the requirements of each load, and confirm these details and imputting them into a schedule diary.
4. Liaise with Production Administrator/Production Manager at each site to determine the exact customer requirements to ensure transport provisions are adequate and effective.
5. To ensure that vehicle servicing is up to date and accurate records are maintained in order to comply with legal requirements and internal audits.
6. To assist Transport Administrator with the raising of PO’s as and when required.
7. Establish the reasons for, and place of, any transport delays, adding them to the Transport Order Pad and advising the Transport Team Leader and the relevant Area Sales Manager and Sales Co-ordinator of the charges incurred.
The right candidate must:
- Have a great eye for detail
- Be able to Multi Task
- Have the ability to plan and thinking ahead.
- Be able to demonstrate organisation skills.
- Experience in the transportation industry is preferable but not essential
Hours of Work
08:00 - 17:00 - Mon - Fri
Salary 18.5k plus bonus packages
Pension scheme included after 3months
28 days holiday included bank holidays
This is a great opportunity with a fantastic client of ours so if you are interested in this position please contact Rachael.email@example.com or telephone 01524 380229 for further details.
Only short listed applicants will receive a response.
8.00 - 9.00 GBP Per Hour
BOLTON, LANCASHIRERead more
8.45 - 8.78 GBP Per Hour
OLDHAM, LANCASHIRERead more
10 - 10.2 GBP Per Hour
TEWKESBURY, GLOUCESTERSHIRERead more
21000 - 24000 GBP Per Annum
CHALFONT ST. PETER, BUCKINGHAMSHIRERead more
8.21 - 8.21 GBP Per Hour
BIRKENHEAD, MERSEYSIDERead more