Job Role: Teaching Assistant Level 2/3
Location: East Lancashire
Start Date: Monday 2nd November (After October half term)
Salary: 10.70 - 12.30 p/h
I am currently working with a secondary pupil referral unit on an exciting new role in the East Lancashire area.
Starting as soon as possible the school are looking for an outstanding Teaching Assistant to join them on a long term basis.
• The school has recently been inspected by Ofsted and continues to be good.
• The school is based in East Lancashire.
• The children who attend the school have challenging behaviour and some have been excluded from mainstream school.
• The role is a full classroom support role in a pupil referral unit.
• The behaviour in class is challenging and the teacher would need support in class.
• The responsibility of the TA is to support the pupils and the teacher in the everyday running of the class.
What you will need:
• Qualified Teaching Assistant – minimum of TA2
• Experience working with pupils with challenging behaviour
• Experience of de-escalation would be desirable.
• The school are looking for an enthusiastic team player who is committed to their role as a support staff and the welfare of the children in school.
Benefits of working with Reed Education:
When you work with Reed Education/ Lancashire Teaching Agency, you will have access to a range of expertise and advice as well as benefits. We can provide you with:
• Competitive pay rates
• Access to Lancashire’s continued professional development
• 24/7 access to a personal consultant who is an expert in Education recruitment
• The ability to sign up to our REED rewards, discount and pension schemes
• Access to a huge range of teaching opportunities through our network of branches across England and Wales
Reed Education are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all students and we expect all applicants to share this commitment. All appointments will be subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure, including a Children’s barred list check and satisfactory referencing.
If this sounds like a role that you would like, please forward us your most up to date CV by clicking ‘Apply Now’