|Location: WHITEHAVEN, CUMBRIA||Salary: 23000.00 - 23000.00 GBP Per Annum|
|Sector: Business Support||Job Type: Permanent|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: N/A|
|Posted: 3 months ago||Reference: 3074934|
• To manage the provision of a proactive, high level and effective secretarial and administrative support service to the nominated member(s) of the Senior Management Team, the units, stakeholders and other heads of departments within N Division, and to supervise the divisional business support team based at nominated units
This post reports directly to the Divisional Business Support Manager and may have (5-10) direct business support staff reporting to it.
• The post holder is required to work within defined parameters of set budgets, financial approval/authorisation
• The post holder will collate, analyse and review a variety of data in order to provide summary reports to local management teams.
• Supervise and develop team member(s), both remotely and in person. Ensuring individual development to achieve effective team working and effective performance within the department. Undertake a timely, complete, fair and objective review of individual’s performance, recognising personal achievements and identifying areas for future development. Addressing any disciplinary and/or unsatisfactory performance, in line with Constabulary policy and procedures.
• The post holder will provide guidance and support to reporting staff members, both remotely and in person. Coordinate and delegate tasks. Supervise the leave and absence for staff members, to ensure that agreed staffing levels are maintained at all times.
• Draw up induction plans and undertake induction processes for new police staff team members and agency supplied staff, both remotely and in person. Prepare and deliver in-house training for reporting staff, both remotely and in person, make arrangements for any external training as required.
• Conduct absence processes for team members in accordance with the CNC Managing Absence Policy, undertake, welfare contact, return to work and interviews. Address any none sickness absence related welfare matters. Ensure compliance with Health & Safety policies, promptly resolving any issues or areas of concern.
• Provide personalised, comprehensive and confidential secretarial /administrative support in dealing with correspondence, creation of files, drafting and sending of letters, reports and briefing notes.
• Manage the personal diary and arrange for the necessary travel/ accommodation arrangements for nominated Senior Management members.
• Liaise with Divisional/Unit Commanders, members of the SMT and others within the Constabulary to organise and prepare the necessary information for meetings, including agenda, minutes and briefing papers assessments, briefing papers and other information.
• Conduct minute taking of meetings, accurately typing the minutes, distributing them efficiently and ensuring actions are completed specifically for confidential personnel matters.
• Liaise with a variety of departments to consolidate, interpret and collate performance and absence data and statistics, ensuring timescales and targets for returns are met.
• Oversee the local procurement processes, ensuring compliance with Constabulary policy, highlighting any forecasting requirements and ensuring value for money and reconciliation of all purchases.
• Level 1 Management Qualification (ILM/CIPD)or proven experience
• An appropriate administration qualification or demonstrated abilities
• Demonstrated secretarial abilities/PA experience and minute taking
• Experience of compiling statistical data and producing reports
• Experience of performance and/or financial management and analysis
• Excellent document writing, research and analytical skills
• Ability to work under pressure within a highly regulated environment, meeting tight deadlines, demands, making decision and managing conflicting priorities.
• Ability to work within a team environment and motivate a team.
• Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
• Ability to carry out and manage ad-hoc project work
• Ability to travel and work from locations within the Division
• Self-motivated and flexible, with ability to work independently
• Ability to maintain security and confidentiality of information in line with regulatory requirements
• Ability to promote a professional image and represent the Constabulary
• Recognised training in leadership development and coaching skills.
• Ability to demonstrate a high degree of interpersonal, influencing, consultation and negotiation skills.
• Experience of improving, developing systems and using management information systems.
10.96 - 11.98 GBP Per Hour
GLENFIELD, LEICESTERSHIRERead more
18070 - 24964 GBP Per Annum
CAMBRIDGE, CAMBRIDGESHIRERead more
16000.00 - 18000.00 GBP Per Annum
WETHERBY, WEST YORKSHIRERead more
20000 - 22000 GBP Per Annum
WIMBLEDON, LONDONRead more
15.15 - 18.76 GBP Per Hour
LEWISHAM, LONDONRead more