£34,000-£39,000 per annum
My client is looking to hire a SQL Developer who will be responsible for writing specifications, developing, installing, testing schemes and developing MI. All packages developed should be tailored to match the client's specific requirements. The final product should fulfil four key requirements.
Usable – it must be fit for purpose and practical for end users
Efficient – software must optimise performance and be cost-effective
Reliable – the product must be dependable, not prone to faults and be easily maintained
Flexible – the software should be able to evolve in response to changing demands.
I am looking for someone experienced in SQL and software application development. Equally their experience in software data management should help identify issues, resolutions and specify solutions, along with having the ability to work with the necessary departments, across the organisation, to improve system work flow & schemes.
• Create and maintain schemes and new applications in line with business requirements
• Solid understanding of MI concepts and processes.
• Experienced using MI tools such as Qlikview
• Maintain and support existing applications used by a variety of clients.
• Adhere to defined coding standards.
• Test own work to ensure developed solutions meet requirements.
• Work with colleagues to discuss solutions to problems and agree on techniques to be implemented.
• Work with the Management Team to identify solutions to problems, to identify risks to the success of projects and to ensure business deadlines are met.
• Complete and maintain any necessary documentation related to processes and procedures.
• Ability to effectively plan and organise own workload in consultation with Line Manager to achieve and exceed service targets/standards.
• Ability to communicate to all levels within the company regarding business issues and risks to your team.
• Responsible for ensuring all projects / documents are checked in and out of source control, ensuring full versioning.
• Daily communication via the Issue Tracking system for all work, updates, time logged, watchers, status changes.
• Communicate to the systems and change manager of any resources required to perform their tasks.
• In addition to the knowledge and skills that have been identified for your role, you will also be required to undertake additional duties and tasks if asked to do so by your manager.
• Adhere to legal and legislative requirements.
SQL Server 2008 (incl SSIS, SSRS onwards)
Experienced in stored procedures, complex joins, triggers, views.
Qlikview (QVD, QMS, Application building)
Complex Excel manipulation
If you would like to apply for this role or find out some more information then please send your CV to Alistair.Cairns-Cooke@reedglobal.com