Job Title: SplD Level 7 Assessor
Pay rate: £29.01 p/h negotiable for the right candidate
Hours: variable hours – full time or part time
Duration: Temporary ongoing starting in September for 6 month period possibly longer
Our REED Education FE branch are currently working with a great college on an exciting new role in the Carshalton/Merton area. Starting from September, the college are looking for outstanding SplD to join them on a temporary basis fort 6 months from September onwards.
Over 21,000 students are enrolled at the College, and government funded courses like BTEC Nationals and A-levels are free for 16-19 year olds. The vocational courses are still designed to give excellent training and maximise the potential of students looking for skills. These still include carpentry, brickwork, plumbing, and hygiene, but we have expanded into many other areas too.
• Leading education institution in London
• Advanced campuses with high-tech technology
• Advanced department with cutting edge resources
As an SpLD Assessor you will be required to work with both individuals and small groups of learners to assess and support learners with SpLD and assess for exam access arrangements The learners that you will be working with may have mild, moderate or complex learning difficulties or disabilities and will be from a wide range of ages; 16 years to adults.
What you will need
• Level 7 qualification - Certificate in Psychometric Testing and Access Arrangements
• Experience in Further Education would be desirable however not essential
Reed Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to undergo a DBS check.
Benefits of working with Reed Education
When you work with Reed Education, you will have access to a range of expertise and advice as well as benefits. We can provide you with:
• Access to pension scheme
• Weekly Pay for all candidates
• Continual Professional Development
• Dedicated and fully trained consultants, here to promote and develop our staff
• Long Term and permanent vacancy focus
• Permanent vacancy access to reed.co.uk, the UK’s largest, most visited online jobsite.
If this sounds like a role that you would like, please forward us your most up to date CV by clicking ‘Apply Now’. If you have any questions, then don’t hesitate to contact your local Further Education branch, we would love to speak to you and help you figure out the next step in your career.