Our Client are currently recruiting for a temporary specialist support worker. This roles is to work within a team to support rehousing vulnerable client groups.
At present I can confirm the below:
Start Date: 01/03/2021
End Date: 01/05/2021
Shifts 15:00- 21:00 - 5 days per week.
Pay Rate: £10.54 per hour PAYE
Location: Birmingham, B31
Your day to day tasks could include:
- The delivery of individual, positive outcome focused support packages to clients of supported scheme
- Ensuring that the support service promotes empowerment and independence.
- To be part of a staff team that is committed to ‘best practice’ in the social housing field.
- Maintain a high level of specialised knowledge surrounding the specialism/s and client groups with the service.
- Working with Rationalisation and Growth and Care and Support to ensure clients with specialist support needs are supported to the highest relevant standards and approaches.
- Supporting colleagues to understand the latest developments in the field.
- Supporting individuals in finding a new home through Homechoice or accredited landlords.
- Supporting individuals to arrange moving to their new home.
- Working with Rationalisation and Growth to ensure clients successfully claim their homeloss and disturbance payments.
- Assisting clients with day-to-day tenancy issues, payment of rent, claiming benefits, preparing for their move.
- A good understanding of housing needs of vulnerable people specific to your duties and responsibilities and an empathetic nature
- Commitment to respecting and maintaining customer confidentiality
- Knowledge of housing legislation and other law relevant to housing advice and homelessness, experience of homelessness assessments or advice work
- Experience of working with vulnerable client groups.
- Experience of delivering structured support in either housing or social care.
- Experience in rehousing vulnerable clients.
- H&S INDUCTION
- FIRE SAFETY AND AWARENESS
- MANUAL HANDLING
- DEALING WITH CONFLICT AND AGGRESSION
- LONE WORKING
- Enhanced DBS check
A full job description is available on request.
If you are interested in this role please apply with your up to date CV