Somerset are recruiting for a number of social workers to join their Children's Services. They have a number of roles open in Taunton, Sedgemoor, South Somerset - in the Safeguarding team and Assessment Team
They are looking for Social Workers who are passionate and enthusiastic to join us in improving outcomes for our most vulnerable young people and families in Somerset to encourage positive change.
Somerset are committed to providing the support, training and development you will need to continue to improve your professional practice as a social worker.
You will be offered
• Small supportive teams
• Support to work from a strengths and relationship-based approach
• Regular high-quality systemic supervision and annual appraisals
• Flexible working arrangements
• Regular training and continuing development opportunities
We work with children and families which enable practitioners to do meaningful work with families and a focus on the quality of practice and improving learning, supervision and support for our social workers.
You’ll be encouraged to work smarter with access to a mobile phone, laptop, training and planning resources.
We build resilience in our social workers through reflective and supportive supervision and strong case management conferencing. Somerset staff morale is good, and management are committed to staff retention.
We promote flexible working within our safeguarding teams and will consider part time, 9-day fortnight and other flexible working approaches.
Are you considering a move? If not, could you pass this on to your friends and colleagues? – we are offering £250 for every successful recommendation!!
Please also remember we offer a substantial CPD fund!! Our Social Workers utilise their funds for training courses, books or to fund their trips to conferences and other relevant events. This can often be £500++++ !!! (depending on hours/days worked)
· Dedicated expert consultant
· A smooth & speedy registration process – we guarantee to meet you at a place & time that’s convenient for you, and everything else can be done online!
· Online timesheets & pay management
· 3 payment methods available: Umbrella, PAYE & Ltd Co
· Automatic invoicing (Umbrella & Ltd Co)
· Regular progress reports and face-to-face service reviews
· Office hours 8am-6pm to provide support/advice
· Substantial Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Fund to put towards training or other development
· Reed Rewards, Reed Discount Club, Holiday pay, Statutory benefits & pension (PAYE only)
· Referral/recommendation bonus paid at up to £250