Reed Legal are delighted to be supporting an entrepreneurial international SME business based near Maidenhead to recruit a standalone In-House Solicitor.
The role reports directly to the Chief Commercial Officer and whilst heavily focused on contracts, negotiations and company secretarial, you will also be in all elements of company and employee law.
This PE backed business has an impressive track record and supportive culture and have plans to continue to grow int the future.
As an in-house solicitor, you’ll be a trusted source of expertise and advice for colleagues across the organisation. You’ll play a key role in ensuring we adhere to relevant law and regulations.
The workload will be varied and will include owning and negotiating Company Secretarial work, customer and supplier contracts, and NDAs as well as being the Legal specialist across the company.
• Proactively identify legal issues at the earliest opportunity and develop and implement strategies to address them.
• Use a range of persuasion and influencing skills to secure strategic outcomes that are compliant with the law.
• Use high level legal competencies to develop and implement innovative solutions to legal problems.
• Commission and manage the provision of external legal advice, ensuring that externally commissioned lawyers are provided with all necessary information to enable them to provide appropriate advice
• Communicate legal advice to the executive team clearly so that they can confidently apply this knowledge
• Manage delivery of all Company Secretarial work which includes annual returns, shareholder registers, as well as dealing with regulatory matters.
• Be accountable for the Data Protection Officer (DPO) role within the group, including GDPR management
To be considered for this role you will be a qualified solicitor with demonstrable experience working in a similar role and with similar diversity.
Additionally you will be able to demonstrate commercial negotiation skills, high levels of attention to detail and enjoying working in an autonomous environment.
Salary available up to £60k plus annual bonus opportunity and wide range of additional benefits.