My client, a privately owned Property Management company is looking for an experienced Accounts Payable Assistant to join their team based in Central London.
This is a sole role working in a small office so it is important you are happy in that environment, due to the interim nature of the assignment I am looking for proven Purchase Ledger experience from start to finish, including the payment run.
This is a temporary assignment initially for 3 months with a review after that time.
Working in a friendly environment working alongside the Office Manager and reporting into the CFO your duties will include:
- Posting purchase invoices, allocating nominals to each invoice (100+ per week) using QUBE/ECS
- Dealing with queries and authorising payments
- Liaising with suppliers and staff at different levels
- Reconciling purchase statements on a daily basis.
- Go through the post on a daily basis and distribute purchase invoices to relevant line managers for authorisation
- Scanning purchase paid invoices and other relevant documents onto the system
- Answering telephone calls when required
- Posting cashbook on QUBE/ECS
- Processing cheque payments run
- Depositing of cheques / withdrawing cash
- Assisting in preparation of the end of quarter accounts
- Ad hoc assistance to CFO/Accountants
This is a role that requires you to have a flexible, helpful and proactive attitude. As this assignment is to replace someone who is relocating, to have a handover, you must be available to start work no later than 17th February
Beyond an initial 3-6 months interim, the business may review the role to either extend or become permanent