|Location: GREATER MANCHESTER, LANCASHIRE||Salary: 375.00 - 475.00 GBP Per Day|
|Sector: Technology||Job Type: Temporary|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: 1|
|Posted: 16 days ago||Reference: 3089603|
A Leading Broadcaster are looking for a Software Engineer – Deployment Automation who will be coming in to work on a project to develop an internal Cloud within the organisation. The project will be focused on building an in-house version of AWS. The current team have already created code but the Software Engineer will be responsible for implementing all plans. This person will be looking after the automation and virtualisation of the project.
The client need a Software Engineer with experience of working with Linux based systems that speaks a number of languages including Python including Bash. Experience of networking and monitoring as well as a good understanding of different RSI models would be ideal for this role. Ideally the manager would like to see experience of working with automation software. Although not mandatory experience of monitoring Nagios and Icinga would make anyone stand out.
Please note the Manager doesn’t want a software developer. They will not have the systems and practical experience with automation and networking.
• Deploy and set up software by making use of configuration management tools
• Use automation in a rigorous but appropriate manner, to achieve repeatability.
• Write clear, concise and comprehensive technical and operational documentation.
• Implement software systems starting from high level designs.
• You have deep knowledge of Linux (we use Ubuntu, but additional CentOS knowledge also beneficial)
• You have extensive experience working with automation tooling, in particular Ansible or Puppet
• You have practical experience of virtualisation and containers e.g. KVM or LXC
• You have strong coding skills in at least one scripting language. We work primarily in Python and Bash
• You have a demonstrable understanding of modern version control systems (we use Git)
• You are familiar with packaging of software for Debian and Red Hat systems (deb/rpm)
• You have a good understanding of local area networking and internetworking concepts and technologies
• You are familiar with server and application monitoring, logging and metrics collection.
If you’re interested in submitting an application for this opportunity, please feel free in sending your most up to date CV in the first instance. If you do not hear back within 48 hours, please see this as your application being unsuccessful at this time.
Business Analyst / IT Business Analyst (Lean / Six Sigma / Prince2) – Nottingham - £440 per day – INSIDE IR35 – 3 month rolling contract (potentially for a year)
400.00 - 440.00 GBP Per Day
LONG EATON, NOTTINGHAMSHIRERead more
25000 - 40000 GBP Per Annum
NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE, TYNE AND WEARRead more
22000 - 28000 GBP Per Annum, inc benefits
CARDIFF, SOUTH GLAMORGANRead more
55000.00 - 65000 GBP Per Annum
CAMBRIDGE, CAMBRIDGESHIRERead more
35000 - 45000 GBP Per Annum, inc benefits
SWINDON, WILTSHIRERead more