Coventry City Council is seeking a Social Worker for a permanent post in its Early Help service.
Salary banding: £31,371 - £37,849
The role will involve the following:
- Delivering advice, support, and information to families in Coventry to ensure that children and young people get the best start in life and ensures families have the right help and the right time.
- Delivering a professional social work service to children, young people and families to meet legislative requirements and adhere to Social Work England’s code of practice for social workers.
- Liaising and working with other professionals and agencies to achieve optimal outcomes for children and young people, ensuring that all services are ‘joined-up’ in approach.
Are you considering a move? If not, could you pass this on to your friends and colleagues? – we are offering £250 for every successful recommendation!!
In order to be successful in this role you need the following skills, knowledge, and experience:
- Knowledge and understanding of an Early Help service
- The skills to support and develop practice of external colleagues and children service staff
- Knowledge of relevant children's legislation
- Skilled in anticipating and responding appropriately to situations of conflict
- Demonstrable experience of assessment methods, care management, and casework methods
- Working with child, young people and their families with a range of differing needs
- Managing court processes.
- Hold a Dip SW, CSS or CQSW, or a CCETSW validated equivalent from another country.
- Registration with Social Work England
- This role is not appropriate for a newly-qualified Social Worker
Please contact me to discuss further: email@example.com and/or 01212372642