Our client, a Local Authority based within West Yorkshire, is seeking an interim Adult’s Social Worker for its Community Mental Health Team. The role is open to newly qualified Social Workers as well as experienced Social Workers, and experience will be reflected in the hourly rate.
Rate of pay is up to £30.98ph (umbrella).
The role will involve the following:
- Undertaking direct work with adults and their families and carers, using strength-based approaches to assess for eligible social care needs, whilst problem solving and completing appropriate risk assessments to ensure a safeguarding approach is taken.
- Designing a creative support plan based on an individual’s assessed eligible needs and indicative budget, ensuring that universal services and natural support are considered.
- Encouraging the use of direct payments for individuals to purchase their own care and provide or signpost the relevant support necessary.
- Utilising the support planning process to negotiate, problem solve and promote input from informal and formal community networks to ensure personal budgets achieve service user outcomes and maximise independent living and well-being.
- Undertake the review/re-assessment of individual needs and where relevant instigating the calculation of a revised indicative budget if needs have changed.
Requirements of the role:
- Qualified Social Worker
- Social Work England registered
- Enhanced DBS – this can be provided at no cost by REED
Are you considering a move? If not, you could pass this on to your friends and colleagues – we are offering £250 for every successful recommendation!!
Some facts about working for Reed:
We “Love Mondays” but we also technically work for free 1 day per week as 18% of our business is owned by the Reed Foundation which supports good causes around the world.
We are a family-run business and we just celebrated our 60th birthday!
Our company values are:
- We are fair, open and honest
- We take ownership
- We work together
We are also lucky to run many Local Authority contracts, we are a trusted partner for these clients and, as such, our conduct is impeccable.