REED Engineering are proud to support our specialist client in their search for a SMT (Surface Mount Technology) Operator on a permanent basis. The role will cover the late shift, which will be 4 days a week afternoon into night-time, and there will be a 20% uplift in pay for working these shifts.
The successful candidate will carry out Surface Mount Technology (SMT) activities to quality and industry standards.
- Using written work instructions and items lists to assemble products to customer specifications and IPC-J-STD-001 Class 3 as directed
- Operating SMT machinery and carrying out machine maintenance as and when required
- Setting up all necessary equipment and carrying out necessary checks
- Programming SMT machinery as and when required
- Checking production documentation
- Liaising with SMT Technician regarding timescales, documentation and other queries
- Supporting OLS activities
- Liaising with Quality and Engineering on SMT queries
- Complying with all 5S activities as required
- Ability to work to written instructions and bills of materials
- IPC certifications are required
- Experience in SMT is required
- Understanding of component identification codes such as resistors, capacitors and ICs
- Good computer skills including Microsoft Office
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- High concentration levels
- Excellent level of dexterity
- Flexible and proactive approach
- Able to respond to changes in demand and meet tight deadlines
Excellent opportunity to join one of the market leaders in their field supporting diverse industries across the globe.
All applicants will need to be eligible to live and work in the UK and be able to obtain SC clearance.