Job Role: Site supervisor
Start Date: January 2020
Salary: 22,000 - 24,500 (plus £1598 location allowance)
Reed Education are working with a fantastic SEN school in Southall currently looking for an experienced Site Supervisor to join their team starting from January on a permanent basis!
About the role
As Site Supervisor you will be responsible for and ensure the upkeep, general maintenance, safety and security of the Service’s buildings, grounds and outdoor equipment by undertaking repairs, instructing & supervising maintenance staff and organising 3rd party contractors as necessary. You will also be responsible for maintaining up-to-date records on Facilities, maintenance, H&S(buildings) etc.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- To instruct & supervise maintenance staff
- Undertake general repairs and maintenance and generally upkeep the buildings, and site to ensure that they are maintained to a high standard.
- Plan & carry out duties in an efficient and tidy way, with due consideration for your own safety and that of staff, service users and visitors and in compliance with NAS Health & Safety policies
- Prioritise and plan repairs to ensure, as far as possible, minimum inconvenience & disruption to the Service and to ensure that your time is used productively and effectively
- Be pro-active in identifying maintenance issues/defects and act to minimise cost and disruption to the service by either carrying out repairs yourself or by organising 3rd party contractors in a timely manner
- Promptly record and report any defects & issues of concern beyond the skills and scope of this post to your line manager in order that they (or you) can organise external contractors to carry out repairs in line with agreed policies & arrangements
- Carry out planned & regular maintenance such as emergency lighting, fire alarm & legionella checks in accordance with NAS guidelines
- As required, facilitate maintenance work by specialist contractors and supervise and allocate work needed. Ensure the contractors are made aware of and comply with the Service’s Health & Safety Regulations and of any Health & Safety risks and hazards within the areas of their work and check their activities regularly to ensure compliance.
- Attend out of hours, or remain on site, to carry out emergency/urgent repairs, or attend on external contractors as required to ensure the service can function pending permanent repairs.
- Carry out repairs to furniture, fixtures and fittings where possible and safe to do so and carry out minor redecorations projects
- Responsible for Unlocking and Locking premises as required
- Ensure the site and buildings are kept tidy at all times by ensuring excess building materials, rubbish and litter etc is removed promptly and disposed of correctly
Have a DBS, driving license and be able to drive.
If this sound like the role for you, please apply now.