Reed Finance is currently recruiting for a Site Accountant for our Manufacturing client in Bradford. This is an exciting new role and will involve a combination of transactional work as well as an oversight of the site finance with some reporting and analysis. You will also be supporting the implementation of a new business system for the site.
• Ensuring cash transactions are reconciled and updated to the ledger on a daily basis
• Preparing monthly bank reconciliations
• Preparing and managing rolling 3 month cash forecasts
• Preparing the quarterly VAT return for the business
• Overseeing the Accounts payable ledger ensuring transactions are kept up to date and reconciled to supplier statements. Preparing payment runs for approval.
• Oversight of Accounts receivable and Sales order control including order entry control, sales invoicing and credit control are all managed effectively.
• Accruals/Prepayment preparation and journal posting
• Fixed asset register maintenance
• Generating monthly margin report including investigation of variances to budget
• Investigating and explaining overhead spend variances to budget
• Generating draft month end PL, balance sheet, cashflow
• Support the Annual budget preparation for the VCS business
You will ideally be able to demonstrate:
• Extensive experience in general accounts
• Good attention to detail
• Intermediate level Excel
• Experience of finance elements of an ERP system
• High integrity with the ability to manage confidential information/cash handling
• Flexibility to support ad hoc tasks
• Experience in a Manufacturing environment is preferred but not essential