To arrange consignments of goods being imported into the UK.
The successful candidate will handle administration to expedite goods through management of carriers and hauliers. They will build strong relationships with clients and keep them up to date concerning the progress of their shipments.
Confident communicator (phone and email)
Strong administrator who can send reports, liaise with overseas correspondents and chase contractors for paperwork so it can be sent on in a timely manner. It is important that all necessary documentation is received on time and processed correctly.
The employee will need to ensure their work is completed in a timely manner to ensure a quick and smooth process for our clients. It is vital to ensure our customers are kept updated at all times and followed up with them once a job is completed that it proceeded as expected with no issues. The shipping operative will subsequently investigate any queried invoices received to check whether they are correct or not. The role will also involve cost and margin analysis and maintenance of files.
• The ideal candidate will come from a freight forwarding or strong administrative background
• Fully competent with Microsoft applications including Outlook, Word and Excel
• A quick learner who will swiftly adapt to using our bespoke software package
• The ability to manage your own workload efficiently and proactively
• A good team player who will be willing to assist team members when required
• Ability to accurately & efficiently transpose information into internal transport management system
• Experience in the maintenance and management of client accounts, rate & contract databases and files
• Analytical and accurate
• Report writing and ability to provide concise progress updates
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills
• Strong grammatical and numerical skills
• Proficient at wording emails to clients in a professional manner and ensuring that all client requests are fulfilled and answered in a timely manner
• Confidence in building and maintaining relationships with customers in order to generate and increase new business
• Entrepreneurial spirit, looking for new opportunities to promote business growth