|Location: ISLINGTON, LONDON||Salary: 22.20 - 24.88 GBP Per Hour|
|Sector: Education||Job Type: Temporary|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: N/A|
|Posted: 5 months ago||Reference: 3044136|
Location: Islington, London
Pay rate: £22.20 - £24.88 per hour
Duration: Sessional Cover
Our REED Education FE branch are urgently recruiting for a Sessional Offender Learning Painting and Decorating Lecturer to join a HMP mens prison on a temporary basis in the London area.
Offender learning gives Further Education lecturers the opportunity to make a real difference to learners’ lives. Recent reviews have shown that education within prisons is central to lowering re-offending rates in the UK, making the improvement of prison education a top priority for Government moving forward.
With increasing levels of investment in the Offender Learning and Skills Service (OLASS), FE teachers have been moving to the sector in order take advantage of the great benefits available, including:
• Fantastic career progression
• Smaller class sizes
• Increased control over curriculum
Teaching small classes of motivated learners, tutors and trainers have the chance to deliver a less rigid curriculum than in other settings and where relevant, to take the lead on curriculum design. Working within Offender Learning you will find that no two days are the same so flexibility is key.
The latest inspections by HMIP and Ofsted of Education provision in prisons provided by our client was graded with 80% 'good' or 'outstanding', versus the national figure of just 33%. In addition to this, they have an incredible record of achieving a positive outcome 88% of the time.
- You will be delivering Painting and Decorating up to Level 1.
- You will be working with Adult men.
- Work within a Scheme of Work, develop lesson plans to ensure compliance with curriculum best practice and quality targets
- Ensure compliance with health and safety legislation
What you will need:
- A recognised teaching qualification
- Minimum Level 3 or equivalent in Painting and Decorating
- Experience delivering Painting and Decorating up to Level 1.
- Strong classroom management
Benefits of working with Reed Education:
When you work with Reed Education, you will have access to a range of expertise and advice as well as benefits. We can provide you with:
• Access to pension scheme
• Weekly Pay for all candidates
• Continual Professional Development
• Dedicated and fully trained consultants, here to promote and develop our staff
• Long Term and permanent vacancy focus
If this sounds like a role that you would like, please forward us your most up to date CV by clicking ‘Apply Now’.
30000.00 - 30000.00 GBP Per Annum
HINCKLEY, LEICESTERSHIRERead more
25704 - 28929 GBP Per Annum
COLCHESTER, ESSEXRead more
34500 - 34500 GBP Per Annum, inc benefits
LEATHERHEAD, SURREYRead more
60.00 - 90.00 GBP Per Day
WAKEFIELD, WEST YORKSHIRERead more
15.76 - 15.76 GBP Per Hour
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRERead more